Archive | Who We Are
To our clients and friends, a snap shot of WHO WE ARE!
We move refrigerated freight from the Northeast to the Southwest and West Coast via refrigerated rail cars, we built our own software to manage over 500 containers, track them and put them on a barge, we handle specialized equipment needs of the U.S. Government, we move high valued cargo for a large pharmaceutical company with tracking needs, we have our own trailers that we drop for a large beverage company and we are excellent at the “just in time” demand spot shipment that no one else wants to handle.
Virginia Hiway, Inc. (now VHI Transport) was established on May 1, 1977 and has the reputation as being one of the most progressive, honorable and knowledgeable transportation brokerage firms in the country. In 2009 we were named the Broker of the year by the National Association of Small Trucking Companies.
We have belonged and participated in many organizations such as The Law and Logistics Council, the Richmond and Virginia Chamber of Commerce and the Richmond, Va. Transportation Co. The company has the distinction of receiving the highest possible rating given by Dun & Bradstreet. NASTC ranks the company in the top 1% of the industry while Redbook gives the company the highest ratings in all measurable classifications. Other recognitions include:
- Charter member of Good Golden Broker Program
- Approved member of Compu Net’s Gold Book list
- Approval by several motor carriers and shippers as the only broker used by their company
- VHI Transport has been a member of the Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA) since 1984.
- CEO David E. Gee, CTB has served as president of TIA, the professional organization of the $80 billion third party logistics industry.
- Certified Transportation Broker: Certificate #15, has been held for 30 years.
- VHI Transport is a member of Intermodal Association of North America. (IANA)
- VHI holds a Best Broker rating in the National Association of Small Trucking Companies (NASTC).
4525 Lee Street
Chester, VA 23831
Dispatch Toll Free: (800) 807-7317
Dispatch Local: (804) 414-1570
Accounting, Management (804) 414-1589
MC # 172093
EIN, TIN or Federal ID..54-1046451
Surety: $100,000 surety bond as part of a Guaranteed Payment Plan (GPP).
To qualify for the GPP, VHI had to:
- Be a member of the Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA)-(We have been a member for more than 20 years)
- Participate in TIA’s P3 program, a contractual best practices program-(VHI was one of the first participants since its inception)
- Secure a $100,000 surety bond (through Avalon Risk Management)
- Pass a means test that covers years in business, credit worthiness, existing insurance (that minimizes risk), financial data, debt to asset ratio, integrity and reputation in the marketplace
- Dunn & Bradstreet Rating: 3A1. D&B #08-413-4451
- Red Book Credit Services: A1, the highest rating possible.
- NASTC ranks the company in the top 1% of the industry
- Charter member of Metro Factors’ “Good as Gold” Program, call 214-363-4557
- CompuNet Credit Services: A Gold Book Broker, recognized as being in the top 8% of transportation intermediaries in the United States, call 888-269-2237
- Nacomco, Inc: Platinum Certified Broker.
- TransCredit: A perfect score of “100”.
Bank: Sun Trust, contact Brian Andress, 804-782-5962
Accountant: Todd Ofslager, 804 897 3420
Air Cargo Security-The STA is a Security Threat Assessment conducted by the Transportation Security Administration TSA for participants in the supply chain for cargo delivered to airports. VHI Transport employees have received their STA numbers. Receiving these STA numbers is evidence of VHI Transport’s commitment to aviation security and to serving all of our customer’s needs.
Virginia…VHI Transport has been certified by the Department of Minority Business Enterprise as a small business vendor in the Small, Women, and Minority (SWaM) Vendor Directory.
Small Business Administration-VHI Transport qualifies as a small business. The SBA does not issue certificates or maintain lists (except for certain designations) establishing the eligibility of firms as small businesses.
NAICS North American Industry Classification System-VHI Transport qualifies as a small business under Code 488510 Freight Transportation Arrangement
Insurance- VHI has the following policies typically in place.
Commercial General Liability, Errors and Omissions, Excess Umbrella Policy, Workers Compensation and Employers Liability:Contingent Cargo, NON FORM FOLLOWING, Errors and Omissions: $100,000 Surety Insurance, Account Receivable Insurance, Commercial General Liability. Our Agent for these policies is: Avalon Risk Management, 978-740-567784
84 Wharf Street, Salem, MA 01970
Guaranteed Pay Program-VHI Transport is proud to be one of the first companies to provide a $100,000 surety bond as part of our customer assurance plan. The bond is provided as part of a Guaranteed Payment Plan (GPP) arranged by a national organization. VHIwas one of the first six firms in the country to be approved for participation – an extremely elite group indeed.
Best Practices-VHI Transport embraces the Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA) Platinum Performance Program (P3), a contractual best practices agreement to achieve a higher level of customer service and conduct business using common terms and conditions. P3 brings a new level of trust and performance to broker/motor carrier relationship.
Carrier Payment terms-Carrier Fast Pay-VHI Transport pays carriers three times monthly, on the 10th, the 20th, and the 30th of the month. We also have a fast pay or factor service available.