VHI Transport is hiring for a full-time entry-level sales position on our Transportation Sales Team, you will be a transportation and logistics expert. This means learning the ins-and-outs of the industry from the experts, your team members. You will be responsible for growing the business primarily through generating sales leads and soliciting new accounts, and selling all of VHI’s services (including, but not limited to Truckload, LTL, Intermodal, Flatbed, and Global Forwarding). You will be in daily contact with customers of various sizes, building relationships, problem-solving and assessing their needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn how the VHI Brokerage operations work in regards to moving freight.
- Learn about basic modes of transport – Full Truckload, LTL, Intermodal
- Identify new business opportunities. Responsible in maintaining existing customer database through regular sales calls and/or site visits.
- Managing customer interactions: prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, making customer calls, and closing deals
- Working with the Sales Manager, develop a prospect list to ensure that future new business development is planned in advance
- Record notes in CRM
- Coordinate and follow up on selling activities within the Sales Manager
- Maintain close working relationships with the Brokerage team
- Focus on winning and keeping profitable business
- Recent college graduate with a degree in Business Administration, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field preferred. (Or an equivalent combination of work and education/equivalent combination of work experience)
- 0 – 2 years of an internship or logistics experience. Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic
- Self-motivated, results focused sales and customer service orientation
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well organized with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Professional demeanor and self-confidence and a positive attitude
- Customer-focused team player
Keys to Success:
Persistence: Not every customer is going to be a sale. Being able to bounce back will be key for this job.
Customer Service: You will need to be able to speak in a friendly way to customers and potential customers, listening to their needs and helping communicate options for them.
Communication Skills: You will need to speak to customers about what makes VHI unique and what sets us apart from other 3PL’s.
Outgoing Personality: Personality is everything in sales and we are willing to train the right person!
“Winning isn’t everything, but WANTING to win is.” – Vince Lombardi